As a new mom, I’ve been a bit short on time to shop for gifts this season. I haven’t had a chance to frequent some of my favorite small shops—it’s been mostly online shopping for me this year. Thankfully, with sites like Etsy, I’ve still been able to find some beautiful, handmade goods and also support small businesses and artisans. A couple of months ago, when Etsy invited Anthology to curate a page of our favorite wares, I was excited to contribute ideas I’d bookmarked as having great gift potential.
We’ve compiled three gift guides over at our Etsy page: For Kids, For Him, and For Her. Each is full of goods we’d love to give—or receive!—this season. So if you’re still searching for inspiration, definitely take a look. (This is just a small sampling of what I’ve got my eye on.)
Etsy has a wealth of beautiful, handcrafted toys, from plush animals to wooden heirlooms to educational toys that are also gorgeous (we want Steven Mattern Design’s maps for ourselves). There are also plenty of artisans sewing soft goods, like Hopphopp’s sweet shoes, gift sets, and nursery essentials.
1. USA Rivers & Lakes Map Puzzle by StevenMatternDesign $102
2. Striped Baby Shoes in Winter Blue by Hopphopp $27
3. Plush Friend (Goat shown) by Finkelsteins $46
4. Bird Rattle by Manzanita Kids $14
5. Baby Gift Set in Natural Linen by LovelyHomeIdea $59
Classic gifts get taken up a big notch when they’re as beautiful and well made as these. The old standards, like neckties and keychains, are available in some seriously stylish options. There are also fun luxuries like shaving kits complete with badger bristle brushes and stout beer soap; cases to protect your dude’s favorite technology; and bags rugged enough for days spent hiking yet still good-looking enough to take to the office.
6. Plum Necktie by Somethingshidinginhere $48
7. No. 2 Backpack by AdaBlackjack $233
8. Gold Initial Keychain by DiamentDesigns $8
9. Shaving Kit by Dr. K Soap $46
10. Not All Who Wander Are Lost iPhone Case by Raceytay $24.50
And lastly, perhaps our favorite category to fill: the For Her list. While Etsy has great options for the kids and guys you might be shopping for, the selection of beautiful handbags, jewelry, home goods and accessories is almost insurmountable. You could spend days scrolling through the options. Fortunately we’ve collected a few guaranteed winners.
11. Porcelain Ring Dish (Similar) by Tiffinstudio $30
12. Big Canvas Pop-up Bag with Leather Handles by Chrisvanveghel $190
13. Chartreuse Hexagonal Eco Resin Ring with Gold Leaf by RosellaResin $53
14. Square Statement Necklace by SoraDesignsBlack $40
15. Tribal Blanket Cosmetic Bag by FritzandFraulein $38