Justina Blakeney

by kate on January 31, 2012

Some of you may have seen Anthology Issue No. 6 by now—it’s on its way to subscribers and hitting stores all over the globe. As an artist and avid crafter, I have a special place in my heart for this issue’s theme: Handmade at Home. I’m proud to say that in this issue we cover a variety of unusual materials and artistic processes, including handblown glass; homemade preserves and dairy products; and, in the case of Los Angeles based designer Justina Blakeney, the art of working with natural greenery.

Justina’s love of lush greenery and bright, bold color comes across not just in her creative projects, as shown above, but in every corner of her lovely home, which is featured in Issue 6. Our hope is that perusing the chic, saturated interiors of her “jungalow” will provide you with a huge dose of vitality and warmth during the chilly depths of winter—we think it will. Below you will find a few outtakes from our photoshoot at Justina’s home with stylist Britni Wood and photographer Teri Lyn Fisher. But first, a few more of Justina’s gorgeous green packages to warm you up on the last day of January…

{Gift images by Justina Blakeney; interior images by Teri Lyn Fisher}

Ana Maria / Anamu January 31, 2012 at 8:23 am

wow, i looovvvee the eclectic mix of treasures on her shelves. it’s like each piece has a story to tell.

Kislo January 31, 2012 at 10:13 am

hey-hey, it seems like you can help me A LOT
do you know what’s the name of the plant in a square metal pot on the very left of the 2nd (from top) shelf?
i’ve been trying to find out for over half year
i got it as a present with no tags. i once saw it in a shop, but there was no way i could remember that two-word long awfully difficult latin name
i still regret i could not be bothered to find my phone in the bag and simply take a pic of the price tag

bette frankel January 31, 2012 at 11:00 am

I have long been a follower of Justina Blakeney’s blog, compai.com, and am thrilled to see her creativity featured on Anthology’s blog. Her ability to create beauty from things ordinarily trashed, not only is a great bit of recycling, but simultaneously thrills me with the unlimited design and incredible eye for beauty , that makes Justina’s work a joy to behold.Thank you for recognizing this talent.

Jennifer Young January 31, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Beautiful. This girl inspires the masses!

Silk flower depot January 31, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Love them!

Jenni Booth February 9, 2012 at 3:45 am

Oh wow, I have only just stumbled across the lovely works of Justina Blakeney tonight for the very first time (I’m an occasional surfer). Just love your shots of her home, well done, it reminds me a lot of my own. Thanks for sharing!