Fall Recipe Roundup: Variations on S’mores

by kate on October 5, 2011

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that there are few things in life that are tastier than s’mores. If you’re not convinced, consider this: what other food is named after how much of it we want to eat? Gimme s’more! I already know I love the classic method of preparation, so I decided to go in search of delicious variations on the idea. I was not disappointed. I hope you are as pleased with my findings as I am, and if you’ll excuse me, I need to seek out some marshmallows, stat.

The stunning pie version from How Sweet it Is.

Chai Tea S’mores on Design*Sponge.

A lovely recreation of Gourmet magazine’s recipe for Stand’s Toasted Marshmallow Shake from A Cozy Kitchen.

Toasted to perfection! S’mores cupcake recipe from Glorious Treats.

If you like your s’mores to be ultra-portable: s’mores candybar recipe by Not So Humble Pie.

Meli (Blush + Jelly) October 5, 2011 at 8:21 am

I need to make all of these!! So delicious! :)

portlandsun October 5, 2011 at 8:43 am

i love this post, i love s’mores.

i think this is a cute easter time spin on s’mores…

also, if you ever get to portland (OR), order up a gourmet s’more at laurelhurst market, you won’t be bummed

loving your blog, thanks for the great content

alexis October 5, 2011 at 11:36 am

Thanks for featuring my recipe for Chai Tea S’mores. Aren’t Courtney Apple’s photos of the treats amazing?

Adrianna from A Cozy Kitchen October 5, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Thanks so much for including me!! I looove your magazine–it’s so super beautiful! X P.S. I’ve been wanting to try those chai s’mores FOREVER!

LindseyBee October 11, 2011 at 6:13 am

this post isn’t fair. I am going to the store after work just to get some s’more ingredients-oh my gosh they all look amazing! My little sister & I would always make s’mores in the microwave when we were little, & continue the tradition to this day (usually the “double whammy” taking 2 whole graham crackers, 2 marshmallows, & 1 whole hershey’s bar, instead of breaking it all in half. QUITE the awesome mess:)). We might have to upgrade to one of these recipes, now!

kate October 11, 2011 at 9:43 am

I know Lindsey, I was powerless to resist these recipes and immediately made some myself. Let me know which on you end up going with!

Elizabeth @ Saffron Lane October 14, 2011 at 10:21 am

Such a lovely, whimsical (and highly tempting) post!